Saturday, December 28, 2013

how to behave when your life feels like a cartoon

busy week.  we've almost finished moving.  praise gina.  my poor truck is a little sick.  when i was at my parent's for christmas the thing wouldn't start christmas day.  it got started and i planned on getting a new battery this weekend.  last night i was at strawberry st. market and it wouldn't start again.  roommates said it was the starter, which i had suspected.  regardless i needed a battery, and today i dropped a hundred dollars on that.  everything costs more for a large vehicle.  don't even get me started on tires...so the dude at the auto parts store says he'll put it in for me.  awesome.  he puts it in backwards so that when i crank it she blows the main in my fuse panel.  fantastic.  he replaces that pro bono and tests my starter, which should be replaced.  i head to the new warehouse to replace a brake light.  all my tools are over there.

so i fix my tail light and the damn thing won't start.  at this point i'm over it all.  i had a gig to get to.  there were several options.  i could cry.  or i could call AAA and have them tow it somewhere that wasn't open on a saturday.  or i could leave it in the parking lot, hop on a little bicycle that was 6x too small for my big ass, ride a mile and a half and get the f350 turbo diesel pickup and drive that around and replace the starter myself this week.  i did the last one.  pedaling uphill on hilliard road was another one of those times when i realized that my life closely resembled a cartoon at that precise moment.  a very large man on a very small bicycle who was on a mission.  as the person in the cartoon, well, what do you do?  you pedal faster.  you fucking pedal faster.

this is my ride for the next couple days, guinevere.
fred and i have taken guinevere to jobs in florida, several in north carolina, maryland, and pennsylvania.  not too long ago i took her to suffolk to pick up a big ass convection oven.  i love this truck.

highlights from christmas:
max the cat waits for a treat:
my mom really loves christmas:
man i almost forgot that this happened.  it has not been a good car week:
and for posterity, here is fred moving a car with a forklift.  who needs a tow truck?

and remember: fucking pedal faster.  






No comments:

Post a Comment